Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Soap That's Fit for a King


The King of Rock 'n' Roll that is...Elvis himself! If he were still alive he'd be knocking on my door right now for a bar of this Peanut Butter Banana Soap! Inspired by his favorite sandwich, this soap has real peanut butter and pureed banana. The peanut butter part is made with peanut oil and peanut butter which makes gives it a delicious peanut scent.

Strange use for peanut butter that I just discovered: according to this website peanut butter is a great alternative for shaving cream.

I added pureed banana to the banana part of the soap. It didn't add much of a scent so I added some banana FO. I added a little bit of yellow coloring also, not realizing that the natural sugars in the banana would make the soap turn brown. Oh well. It still smells great!

After doing a little research, I learned that August 9-17 is Elvis week. How do I get this soap ready for the big week? CPOP! I popped it into a 190 degree oven for 90 minutes to speed up the process. I'll let it cure for another week or so and it'll be ready to go into my shop!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool soap! I love reading about the process of these items!

PAC said...

ooo wow, I think I want to eat it!!

My 7th Heaven said...

Awesome soap, neat to see how you do it!

x said...

That's cool! Yeah, bananas will turn brown really really fast! =) You have a cool idea though.

smiles,
Kathy

sillie smile said...

cute! i love that the shape looks like elvis' sandwich too :) so creative.

Moonchild Dancing! said...

My husband would love this soap! :D

BeadedTail said...

I think my husband would love it too! I enjoyed reading your blog!