Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Great Perfume Debate

As most of you know, I currently make solid perfumes in little pots:

I started making these because they're easy to carry around in a bag since they're small and they don't spill.  Well, I started wondering if maybe I should sell other types of perfume as well.  I was going through some options and here's what I came up with:

Solid Perfume in a Pot
I like these because, as I said, they're small and spill proof.  The bad thing about them is having to rub your finger into it to apply it.

Solid Perfume in a Stick
These are also nice and portable.  With this option you can rub it directly onto your skin.

Roll-On
These are one of my favorites although I'm afraid to carry it in my purse for fear of spilling.

Spray
Also not one that I would carry around, just in case it spilled. 

Cost Issue:
Then there's the price factor on each.  The solid ones aren't as costly to make.  The plastic pots/tubes are inexpensive.  The roll-ons and sprays cost a bit more.  I'd prefer to use glass for those which off course makes the bottle more expensive.  From what I've been researching, the glass containers cost almost 4-5 times as much as the tubes/pots.  This would, of course, mean that 1/3oz of liquid perfume would cost a lot more than 1/3oz of solid perfume.  Is it worth it?

I would love to hear opinions on this!  Please comment below and take the poll to the right to help me decide what to do!

3 comments:

Linda E. Pruitt said...

If I like a scent, I usually don't carry it around with me and prefer a spray for after the bath. But if I were to carry it around with me I would prefer the solid form. What I pay for it entirely depends on if I love the scent!

Anonymous said...

although i haven't tried your solid perfumes yet, have you thought about putting them in a lip balm type of tube? i've used a few like those before and like them alot :)

Me said...

Beth, I like that option too. Those are the "sticks" that I'm referring to. They're great because you can rub it right onto your skin.