Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Year of Chocolate


I love to bake. I love chocolate. When I saw the year of chocolate desserts in this month's issue of EveryDay with Rachael Ray, I didn't even have to think twice about making them.

January's recipe is One-Bowl Mocha Cake. The recipe can be found here. I did make a few slight modifications to the recipe. I was trying to use what I had on hand instead of running out to the store and I didn't have any unsalted butter. Instead I used salted butter and eliminated the salt from the recipe. The only coffee I had in the house was vanilla biscotti flavored. I thought I had mini semisweet chocolate chips but it turned out I used them for something else recently and I forgot. My husband just so happened to be going to the store for something so I asked him to grab some. If I get too detailed with him he just tells me to get it myself so I asked for chocolate chips and figured I'd work with whatever he got. He brought home regular sized milk chocolate chips.

I don't know how different it would have tasted if I followed the recipe exactly but it turned out delicious! It's kind of like a big fudgy brownie. I had some yesterday right after it came out of the oven and another piece this morning. I honestly can't decide if I like it better warm or cool. I'll have to warm up another piece later to try to figure it out:)


Next month's recipe: Cran-Raspberry Truffles. Can't wait!

No comments: