Sunday, August 14, 2011

Book Review: Breath of Angel by Karyn Henley

I think this is my favorite of all the books I've reviewed.  I was hooked from the first chapter when the young priestess, Melaia, witnesses the murder of a stranger in the temple courtyard.  Legends that she has been told since childhood suddenly come to life with the discovery of angels and shape-shifters.

Melaia finds herself caught in the middle of a feud between two immortal brothers who destroyed the stairway to heaven, stranding angels in the earthly realm.  After being tricked into giving away a very important item to one of the brothers, Melaia discovers that she is the key to repairing the stairway.  She must find a way to get the items back, save her friends, and repair the stairway.

This is the first in a series of books.  As the book ends, Melaia has not yet repaired the stairway.  Eye of the Sword will be coming out in Spring 2012 and I'm very much looking forward to it.

An excerpt from this book can be found HERE.

As a reminder, I was given this book for free from the WaterBrook Multnomah "Blogging for Books" program. All opinions are my own.

No comments: