Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Attempt at Swirling

For a challenge with a few of my teammates on Etsy, we have to make a tropical themed product that contains more than one color. I had the perfect scent for this...HoneyCocoMango! It's a delicious blend of honey, coconut, and mango. Now the color is where the challenge comes in. I've done layers before. I wanted to do something more unique for this one so I decided to do swirls.

I picked pink, orange, yellow, and green for my colors. Since I use log molds I used the 'in the pot' swirling method. Let's just say it's a lot harder than it looks. I was getting a little flustered trying to get all four colors mixed before the soap became too thick. I think I swirled a little too much once I put it into the pot and now I'm afraid it's going to be a big, ugly mess when I cut it.

Stay tuned for pics to see how it turned out. I'm very anxious to see for myself.

2 comments:

Deon - Scootchidoo Too said...

I can't wait to see the pics! And besides, even if it doesn't turn out the way you want, it's still going to smell amazing!

feltonthefly said...

Love the title of your post - first attempt at 'swirling'...so cute!

I look forward to following your blog and learning more about what you do. I found your blog through your post in Etsy's forums : )

Good to meet you!
Janet - FeltOnTheFly