Sunday, March 15, 2009

Make Your Own Make-Up Remover?

I'm running low on make-up remover and instead of buying a new bottle of commercial make-up remover with ingredients that I can barely pronounce, let alone know what they are, I decided to try to make my own. I found a few recipes online but this one seems to be the most popular:

1T. Olive Oil
1T. Castor Oil
2t. Canola Oil

I didn't have any canola oil so I substituted it with sweet almond oil. It was very easy to make. I mixed it all up and stored it in a little bottle.

Now for the real test...did it work? Well, it took off my eyeliner and eyeshadow really well. The mascara, not so much. I had to hold it on my eyelashes and let it soak in for a bit before it did anything and even then it left a lot on. Not to mention it made me feel quite greasy.

I'm not going to give up though. I'm sure there's a solution out there instead of using chemicals. I'll keep you all posted on what I come up with and if you have any recipes, feel free to share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my goodness, I'm glad to hear that it sort of worked but I don't want canola oil on my eyes. I bet it would do wonders for crows feet though!

Pumpkin Pye Boutique said...

wow this is awesome!!!